The prominent ulema (Muslim scholars) of Nahdlatul Ulama held a gathering at Pondok Pesantren Al-Anwar, Sarang, Rembang Central Java, on Thursday (16/3). The gathering yielded promising points that are so-called Risalah Rembang "Rembang Message".
الرَّحِيمِ الرَّحْمَنِ اللَّهِ بِسْمِ
أُدْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنْ ضَلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِهِ ۖ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ
Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
مَا أَفَاءَ اللَّهُ عَلَىٰ رَسُولِهِ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْقُرَىٰ فَلِلَّهِ وَلِلرَّسُولِ وَلِذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَالْيَتَامَىٰ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ كَيْ لَا يَكُونَ دُولَةً بَيْنَ الْأَغْنِيَاءِ مِنْكُمْ ۚ وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانْتَهُوا ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ
And what Allah restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveler - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.
يٰۤاَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ اٰمَنُوا اِن جَاءَكُم فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَاٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا اَن تُصِيبُوا قَومًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصبِحُوا عَلٰى مَا فَعَلتُم نٰدِمِينَ (الحجرات: ٦)
O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.
لاَخَيْر فِي كَثِيْرٍ مِنْ نَجْوَاهُم إلاَّ مَنْ أَمَرَ بِصَدَقَةٍ أَوْ مَعْرُوْفٍ أًوْ إِصْلاَحٍ بَيْنَ النَّأسِ وَمَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ إِبْتِغَاءَ مَرْضَاتِ اللهِ فَسَوْفَ نُوْتِيْهِ أَجْرا عَظِيْما
No good is there in much of their private conversation, except for those who enjoin charity or that which is right or conciliation between people. And whoever does that seeking means to the approval of Allah - then We are going to give him a great reward.
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمْ يَبْعَثْنِي مُعَنِّتًا وَلاَ مُتَعَنِّتًا وَلَكِنْ بَعَثَنِي مُعَلِّمًا مُيَسِّرًا
God did not send me to be harsh, or cause harm, but He has sent me to teach and make things easy.
إنما بعثت لأتمم مكارم الأخلاق
Indeed I have only been sent to complete the noble qualities of the Akhlaq (morals).
الرَّاحِمُونَ يَرْحَمُهُمْ الرَّحْمَنُ ارْحَمُوا مَنْ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَرْحَمْكُمْ مَنْ فِي السَّمَاءِ
Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the Most Merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth and the One in the heavens will have mercy upon you.”
فَاالتَّفَرُقُ سَبَبُ الضُعْفِ وَالجِذْلاَنِ وَالفَصْلِ فِي جَمِيْعِ الأَزْماَنِ. بَلْ هُوَ مَجْلَبَةُ الفَسَادِ وَمَطِيَّةُ الكَسَادِ وَدَعِيَّةُ الخَرَبِ والدِّمَارِ، وَدَاهِيَةُ العَارِ وَالسَّتَّارِ.
فَكَمْ مِنْ عَا ئِلاَتٍ كَبِيْرَةٍ كَانَتْ فِي رَغَدٍ مِنَ الغَيْشِ وَبُيُوْتٍ كَثِيْرَةٍ كَانَتْ أهِلَةً بِأَهْلِهَا حَتَّى إِذَا دَبَّتْ فِيْهِم عَقَارِبُ التَّنَزُعِ وَسَرَى سُمُّهَا فِي قُلُوْبِهِم، وَأَخَذَ مِنْهُمُ الشَيْطَانُ مَأْخَذَهُ تَفَرَّقُوْا شَذَرَ مَذَرَ فَأَصْبَحَتْ بُيُوْتَهُمْ خَاوِيَةً عَلَى عُرُوْسِهَا
(الرئيس الأكبر لجمعية نهضة العلماء الشيج العالم العلامة محمد هاشم أشعري, مقدمة القانون الأساسي لجمعية نهضة العلماء)
The split is the cause of weakness, defeat and failure at all times. Even it is the cause of destruction and congestion, and is the source of ruin and destruction, and the cause of humiliation and contempt. How many large families have previously lived prosperously, houses filled with family members, until when a scorpion crawled and split them, it usually spread and poison their hearts and syaithan also performed their role, they run away abysmally. And their houses collapsed. (Rais Akbar Jamiyah Nahdlatul Ulama Hadlratussyekh Muhammad Hasyim Asy'ari, Muqaddimah Qanun Asasi)Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
1. Nahdlatul Ulama is always committed to upholding Pancasila and the Unitary State of Republic of Indonesia (NKRI) and is inseparable from the presence of the NKRI itself. Nahdlatul Ulama calls on all Muslims and Indonesian people to always prioritize the maintenance of the nation by maintaining moderate and prudent attitudes in responding to various problems. Tolerance, democracy and the realization of so-called akhlakul karimah
in all sectors of life must always be pursued not only for the safety and harmony of the nation, the state and society in Indonesia alone, but also as an inspiration to the world towards a possible solution in dealing with the problems of civilization facing the nation nowadays.
2. Poor law enforcement and economic inequality are the major sources of social anxiety in addition to social issues such as the culture of corruption, low quality of education and human resources, increasing violence and moral decay in general. The government is encouraged to adopt more effective policies to address these issues, including by implementing policies that are more aligned to the weak (affirmative) such as land reform, progressive taxation, the development of an economic development strategy that purposefully ensure equity and legal development towards firm and fair law enforcement while maintaining the principle of presumption of innocence in any arising cases. The implementation of the nation by the government and other elements should be always in harmony with the purpose of realizing benefits for all the people (tasharraful manutun bi maslahatirroiyyah
3. The development of information technology, including the internet and social media, as well as increasing media users has brought a variety of benefits as, among others, a means of communication (nasrul ilmi taawwun alal birri
and so on, but also brought negative impacts such as the rapid spread of slander and hatred, radical propaganda, pornography, and others being able to damage the moral and social harmony. The government is encouraged to take more effective measures in both overcoming and dealing with the negative impacts. At the same time the leaders of the community are encouraged to continue to nurture and educate the people to be able to address any information spread more intelligently and wisely in dealing with the negative impacts.
4. The national leaders, community leaders, including the Nahdlatul Ulama leaders must keep maintaining public confidence wisely in carrying out their respective duties responsibly, fairly and trustfully by prioritizing the social benefit and the NKRI.
5. The ulema (Muslim scholars) in the purposeful meeting proposes the convening of a forum of silaturrahmi
among all elements of the nation to seek solutions to various issues, by seeking anticipatory measures against the trends of future development and reconciliation among fellow countrymen and countrywomen. Nahdlatul Ulama is asked to take the initiative for the establishment of the forum.
Rembang, March 16th 2017